Adult chaperons must accompany children under 18.
Individual sleepovers are $59.95 per person, $49.95 for Annual Pass Holders. Currently public and scout sleepovers are reduced 25% off the non-member price for all aquarium-goers ($44.96/person).
Open Public Sleepovers
After everyone has gone home and the aquarium has closed its doors for the night, we invite you to join us for an exciting night of exploration. Discover the Portland Aquarium after hours and sleep beside one of our exhibits. The aquarium offers sleepovers for families, youth groups and adults. Dates below are for the public and are not exclusive to your party. At the below dates, other guests will be included in the sleepover. All guests will receive:
- nocturnal animal tour including night-time shark feeding and octopus viewing
- morning bird feeding
- movie night (bring your treats; we’ll provide the popcorn)
- sweet dreams followed by a continental tank-side breakfast
- Includes experience of closing and opening routines with a staff member.
- August 22nd (Saturday)
- October 23rd (Friday)
- December 19th (Saturday)
- Or a night of your choice for a private Sleep with the Sharks
Scout groups receive member pricing of $49.95/person
Currently scout sleepovers are reduced 25% off the non-member price for all aquarium-goers ($44.96/person).
Boy and Girl Scouts can join us for their unique experience as a troop! Simply use the link below to find your date to book, or contact us by phone. All the features of Public Sleepovers listed above will be offered, except the party will include only those you invite!
- October 30th (Friday) – Celebrate Halloween with the Sharks!
- December 11th (Friday)
- OR a night of your own choice for groups of 14 or more!
- October 31st (Saturday) – Celebrate Halloween with the Sharks!
- December 12th (Saturday)
- OR a night of your own for groups of 14 or more.
For questions please email email@example.com or call 503-303-4721.
Hurry, these memorable and exhilarating events fill up fast!
Note: Public sleepover events may be cancelled with two weeks notice if minimum enrollment is inadequate. In event of cancellation, full refunds will be given. Member sleepover prices are reserved for the member and their guests. Minimum age for sleepover is five for PUBLIC sleepovers unless written exception is given in advance from Austin Aquarium. There is no age limit for private sleepovers.
Private Sleep with the Sharks ensures the aquarium will be yours alone for the night.
Currently discounted 25%, there is a $525 minimum for private sleepover events up to 11 people. Past 11 people, there is a $19 per person fee. Private groups for over 50 people, please contact us for special pricing and planning.
Using the Private Sleep with the Sharks button at the bottom of this page, you may select your own preferred date and no other guests will be allowed to attend; private groups will have the entire aquarium exclusively for their group for the night.
Groups that do not desire to pay the $525 minimum can stay on the nights listed below along with other registered guests, paying the per person price rather than the group price. Fees for this are $59.95 for non-annual pass holders or $49.95 for annual pass holders and you will stay with others on one of the Public Sleepover dates listed below. Currently private sleepovers are reduced 25% off the non-member price for all aquarium-goers ($44.95/person).
Preparing for Your Experience
Preparing for your experience:
- Sleepovers start at 8:00 p.m. and end at 8:15 a.m. the next morning.
- After 11pm the doors will be locked from the outside (for emergencies the doors open up from the inside) for security.
- Any private or public Sleep with the Sharks booking needs to acquire written permission from Portland Aquarium in advance of your event to bring in alcohol.
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag and pillow. Air mattresses or cots are welcome.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and other toiletries as needed.
- Change of clothes and night clothes if desired.
What our Fans of Sleep with the Sharks Are Saying
Here is what some of our fans are saying about Sleep with the Sharks!
What a fabulous way to wake up this morning!!! Amazing sleepover!!! We slept all night next to the rays and sharks! Wow, what a sight when you open your eyes!!!! Thank you Cinnamon and Jeremy!!! You were super host and hostess! What a great learning experience!!! Xoxoxo!!! Jeremy and Cinnamon, thank you both for a VERY memorable FUN FUN FUN experience!!! ….Elizabeth
Thank you to the awesome staff for such a wonderful birthday experience for my 12-year-old and her friends. Even though there were quite a few groups that night, everyone was able to sleep in their own areas and a great time was had by all. ….Rebecca B.
We had a really nice and enjoyable time. My girls talked about petting the rays all the way home, asking if we can get a “pet” ray. It was such an extraordinary experience that we are considering staying again. The atmosphere was relaxing and perfect. Being able to feel the different species by hand was a real treat. Thank you for providing a life-time of memories for my family. (My daughters wanted you to know that they loved being there and to thank you for letting them pet the rays.) ….Alycen O.